|We continue to follow Oregon OSHA COVID-19 guidelines for veterinary facilities, in place until at least May 4, 2021
- Only clinic employees and approved individuals are allowed into the clinic.
- Pet parents are required to wear face masks and asked to phone the front desk at their arrival. All communication with the pet parent will be via phone, video and/or email, or in person outside the clinic while keeping a six feet distance.
- A team member will meet clients at their vehicles (there is ample street parking at this time). Cats must be in a carriers, dogs must be on leashes.
- At the time of patient discharge, a staff member will review the discharge instructions over the phone. Discharge instructions will be emailed or a paper copy will be given at the time of discharge.
- All payments will be handled over the phone or via a secure online link. Receipts will be sent by email.
- While clinic sanitation has always been a top concern of ours, we are being especially diligent and increasing sanitation throughout our premises.
- Any client who is feeling ill is being asked to reschedule their non-urgent pet appointments until they are well. If the pet needs urgent care we are asking them to send an agent in their place. If they are unable to do this then they are to check-in over the phone and wear a mask while waiting in their vehicle.
- If your pet has a life threatening illness or injury please bring them to an emergency clinic.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION!